Enrolling at our college


​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​When enrolling your child at Kawana Waters State College, please follow the enrolment process outlined below:

Enrolment Proces​​​​​​​​​s

Please ensure that only the parent or caregiver is the adult/s enrolling the student.

  1. Check the Queensland Government EdMap of Catchment Areas to make sure you are eligible to apply for enrolment at Kawana Waters State College. This is part of our Enrolment Management Plan. Please move to Step 2 if you are within catchment.

    If your address falls outside the Catchment area, please complete the ‘Out of Catchment’ Application.  Please also provide a copy of the child’s birth certificate and latest school report and return to our Enrolment Officer at who will contact you to advise whether the application has been successful or unsuccessful.  A $22.00 administration fee is also required.

  2. If your address falls within catchment, please complete and submit the required Enrolment forms under 'Enrolment Forms' which are numbered 1-4, and the documents below
    • Birth Certificate
    • Proof of residential address
      • Primary source
        • Current lease agreement in parent name and address
        • Unconditional purchase agreement for address listed, or
        • Rates Notice in parent name and address
      • Secondary source
        • An electricity or gas utility bill (not telephone) showing parent name and address.
    • Immunisation record
    • Latest Academic Report
    • Custody documentation
    • Special Needs and/or additional medication or health information.
Once the above information has been received at the college, the Enrolment Officer will contact you to progress your students' enrolment application.  If you have any concerns or questions, please phone (07) 5436 9349 or visit the Enrolments Officer at the Secondary Administration office.

Additional information regarding documentation

If living within the College catchment and no proof of residency can be supplied, enrolment cannot proceed until the following is submitted for consideration of eligibility to enrol by the Principal:

Statutory Declaration from the parent declaring that the address identified is their primary and principle place of residence AND

Statutory Declaration from the person whose name appears on the primary and secondary documents listed above

  • Report cards and records of previous schooling (student report, NAPLAN) are requested to assist with class placements.

  • Special needs information for a child being placed into our special education unit. Verification reports, reports from specialists or medical practitioners, and health workers help us to meet the needs of your child.

  • Medication forms must be completed if your child has any specific condition requiring the administration of medication at school. These medications must be provided in their original container with the chemist label attached which has clear written instructions about quantity and time of administration. Further information around medication requirements is available from either campus office.

Banner ARTS 2022 pg2.jpg

Last reviewed 31 May 2023
Last updated 31 May 2023