Accessible Page Links

Page Tools

Main page Content

Enrolling at our College

In order to enrol your child at Kawana Waters State College, please follow the Enrolment Process Outlined below:

Enrolment Process

Parents or caregivers must be the adults enrolling the student. 

1.    Check the Queensland Government EdMap of Catchment Areas to make sure you are eligible to apply for enrolment at Kawana Waters State College.  This is part of our Enrolment Management Plan. Please move to Step 2 if you are within catchment. 
If your address falls outside the Catchment area, please complete the ‘Out of Catchment’ Application (Form 5) and return to our Enrolment Officer at who will contact you with more information. 
2.   If your address falls within catchment, please read the ‘Related Links’ information to the right of screen, then complete and submit the necessary forms and documents listed below.
o    Forms 1-4 in the links to the right are required. (Please note that 2018 SRS (Student Resource Scheme) Agreement will be available in late Term 3, 2017)
Provide copies of:
o    Birth certificate
o    Immunisation record
o    Latest report cards
o    Custody Papers
o    Special Needs and/or additional medication or health information
o    Proof of residential address – refer below under ‘Additional Information Regarding Documentation’
Send the completed forms and copies of documents required to  Computer and internet are available at our Administration Blocks if required. 
3.   You will then be contacted by our Enrolment Officer to continue your students’ enrolment.  Any concerns or questions please phone (07) 5436 9330 or visit the Primary Administration Office front desk. 

Additional Information Regarding Documentation

  • All enrolments require proof of age. A full birth certificate must be provided for all students.
  • If you are coming from interstate or overseas you must have a birth certificate or acceptable proof of birth e.g. extract. A passport is sufficient.  We will send you an additional transfer request form.
  • Parent/guardian must supply the following documents before an enrolment will be considered:
1.         Proof of residency within the catchment - one primary and one secondary source:
Primary source
*         Current lease agreement in parent name and address
*         Unconditional purchase agreement for address listed, or
*         Rates Notice in parent name and address
Secondary source
*         An electricity or gas utility bill (not telephone) showing parent name and address 
2.         If living within the College catchment and no proof of residency can be supplied, enrolment cannot proceed until the following is submitted for consideration of eligibility to enrol by the Principal:
*         Statutory Declaration from the parent declaring that the address identified is their primary and principle place of residence AND
*         Statutory Declaration from the person whose name appears on the primary and secondary documents listed above
  • Report cards and records of previous schooling (student report, NAPLAN) are requested to assist with class placements.
  • Special needs information for a child being placed into our special education unit. Verification reports, reports from specialists or medical practitioners, and health workers help us to meet the needs of your child.
  • Medication forms must be completed if your child has any specific condition requiring the administration of medication at school. These medications must be provided in their original container with the chemist label attached which has clear written instructions about quantity and time of administration. Further information around medication requirements is available from either campus office.



Existing parents 
All changes to students’ details are required to be submitted through QParents or in writing via the ‘Change to Student Details’ form (Form 6) and return to Please help us keep your child’s information up to date.